Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Zion National Park

The weekend of Father's Day all of the national parks were FREE so of course I wanted to go. We haven't bought a pass yet, so we are still testing the waters with the free days.

We had so much fun and can't wait to go again the weekend of July 18-19.

One thing that you will definitely see if you go on the Riverside Walk is a ton of squirrels. Little David had to point out every one of them to us. It was pretty cute. It got kind of scary toward the end of the trail, though, because one of the little critters actually got into the basket on the bottom of the stroller. I was too busy freaking out and telling David to get it out of there to get a picture. The closest thing I got was the squirrel looking in.
















3 comments:

Kim said...

So is it a free weekend again on the 18th- 19th?

Zion's is so beautiful but we never get up there enough! I'd love to go.

I would have freaked out about the squirrel too! He must have been looking for food :) He knew you had Baby mum mums in there!

Do you like LD's little backpack harness thing? I think I need to get one for Kamry. She's getting to where she doesn't want to ride in the stroller some of the time. She'd rather walk. Oy I hate this stage!

Anonymous said...

Yup! So you can go on Sunday the 19th ... you're busy with LD's birthday party on the 19th :)

We had a great time and I would definitely recommend going!

We like David's monkey, but it doesn't really work for walking that much. He just likes to wear it.

Kim said...

Oh yes! Don't worry, I have cleared my schedule for David's birthday party. Lol! You're so funny Julie! At target they have a pink puppy harness I think I will get for her. We're going up to Lagoon on Tuesday so I think I will buy that for her.